We are on Eventbrite! Click to see all upcoming classes or individual images below to go directly to the enrollment page for that session.
Sunday May 6
1:30 – 4:00 pm
Skill Prerequisite: Students should know how to crochet and be comfortable working in rows with the basic crochet stitches: chain, single crochet and double crochet. It is not necessary to know Tunisian crochet.
- Yarn: Vanna’s Choice in 2 contrasting colors
- Crochet Hook: Size US N-13 (9mm)
- Accessories: Split ring stitch markers, large eye blunt needles, scissors
1:30 – 4:00 pm
Inspired by Whistle & Ivy’s wonderful plaid designs we’ll be working on a small hat to learn the technique. Color selection, carrying multiple colors to create a plaid effect. Working decreases in color pattern, creating crochet stretchy ribbing.
Tuition: $55 / 2.5 hour session
Skill Prerequisite: Must know how to ch, sc, dc, hdc, basic increases and decreases.
- Yarn: Vanna’s Choice 1 ball each in three colors of your choice.
- Hook: Size H-8 (5.mm)
Crochet Planned Color Pooling
1:30 – 4:30
By controlling how colors pool when using a variegated yarn, you can create spectacular patterns including argyle! Learn how to analyze the color sequence of variegated yarn, plan a pattern repeat, and tips and tricks for making adjustments as needed so that the color pooling remains consistent on every row. You’ll have fun seeing an argyle pattern appear as you start to make a moss stitch scarf!
Skill Prerequisite: Must know how to chain and single crochet.
- Yarn: 2 balls Color Waves in Prairie Sunset (only!)
- Hook: Bring the hook you tyupically use for worsted weight yarn, plus one size larger and smaller.
- Accessories: Tape Measure, scissors, pencil, paper.
- Using project yarn and H-8 (5mm) hook, make the following Moss Stitch swatch:
- Chain 18
- Row 1: Sc in 4th ch from hook (3 sk ch count as beg ch-sp), *ch1, sk next ch, sc in next ch; rep from * to end.
- Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as turning ch and beg ch-sp), turn, sc in first ch-1 sp, *ch 1, sk next sc, sc in next ch-1 sp; rep from * to last sc, ch1, sk last sc, sc in beg ch-sp.
Rep Row 2 until swatch is about 4 inches tall.
- Fasten off.
Classes will be cancelled and deleted from this page on the preceding Friday if we do not meet our enrollment minimums.
Please note: payment is required to reserve your spot. If we’re closed, please leave a message at 201-939-0611 with your name and the name of the class you wish to sign up for, or fill out the form below and an Outlet Associate will contact you to complete the registration process. In the event a class fills up, we will honor the time stamp on your voice mail or message to determine who signed up first.